Great news for new characters! Patch 6.2.4 hotfixes have been implemented to improve the low level playing experience!
Note: Below is a partial list of changes implemented in the latest hotfix patch for 6.2.4. For a full list, please see http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20095768/patch-624-hotfixes-april-11-may-24-5-24-2016
According to the developers, the overall low-level experience has been improved. Over the next few weeks, the leveling experience will continue being improved as legacy content is re-worked to provide a more consistent experience.
- Most quest bosses from level 1 to 20 are now multitap. These bosses will scale their health accordingly based on the number of players fighting the boss.
- Dynamic respawn behavior has been added to most outdoor zones from level 1 to 20. This means spawns will be more available during times of high player traffic.
- Players who are defeated in low-level dungeons will now respawn at the entrance of the dungeon, consistent with the experience from newer dungeons.
- Level 1 to 10 enemy NPCs will deal slightly more damage.
- Out-of-combat health regeneration bonus has been reduced for levels 1 to 20.
- Reduced overall player damage output at low levels to improve quest pacing. Damage dealt from level 40 onwards is unaffected by the reduction.
These changes should definitely help pace the low-level questing experience for new players and bring things more in line with how questing was prior to the stat squish for Warlords of Draenor. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!